Sunday, June 21, 2009

reality television....

why are there so many reality tv shows?  I used to never watch tv, but for some reason I have made my way into the world of being a "tv watcher"...like Lost, 24, the office (at times), and maybe a few others.  I've come to enjoy a routine through the week of watching certain shows at night.  The monotony is therapeutic.  I even like some of the commercials that air...like the mcdonalds filet-o-fish, hilarious.  However, as soon as the sumer season begins reality tv takes over.  What is the point of reality tv?  I can't understand why there are so many reality tv shows...american idol, so you think you can dance, something about celebrities in the woods?, survivor (or grown people trying to make serious what we all grew out of years ago), and I'm sure there are more...  Where has popular tv gone?  What happened to normal scripted tv with a plot and a story?  So, instead of filling my brain with useless info, i'm going to refrain to the best of my ability to not know anything about any reality tv show for the rest of the summer.  i'll keep an update...

No comments: