Wednesday, June 10, 2009

cycling: what a great sport

So, I started cycling again this year!  Got a bike, some cold whether gear and headed out for some cold late winter/early spring riding.  Its windy here...everyday!  Atleast a 10mph headwind with 5-10mph gusts on a daily basis.  It makes for a tough ride, but def good for training.  I wanted to race this season and felt very confident i could cat up to 4 and my ambitious ego was telling me perhaps cat 3.  However, this sport is expensive and.... we just aint got tha money for it now.  Regardless, I'm riding with groups, making my training rides, and ultimately trying to "get faster".  I love this sport and only wish i found it sooner!!  If any of the 3 of you that follow my blog have never watched or ventured into the cycling world... take some time, watch a race, get a bike, ride, or just imagine your own cycling experience, and you'll see how competitive and tough this sport is!  As for now, have a great day!

No comments: